Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Painting of a Waterfall


This painting is part of an assignment I have recently finished; it was commissioned as a wedding gift.

The customer who asked me to paint this piece, had just been on holiday with a friend – the one that is actually due to be getting married – to Iceland; it was while on vacation that they took this picture of a waterfall.

The client instructed me to paint an oil painting based on their photograph on a 100 cm x 100 cm canvas - I must admit, it was a really nice size to work with, and I am very pleased with how the artwork turned out, although I am not sure the image actually gives it justice. The customer also seems to be pleased with the painting! This was his comment: “ The painting is brilliant & just what I envisaged”. I am very happy he likes it. It is very important for me to meet my clients wishes and expectations.

The original photo, as it was taken in a cloudy day, was a little bit dark, so, I tried brighting it up a little by adding the flowers in the foreground and some touches of colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment