Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another portrait

Hello there! Is anybody else wondering where is spring/summer this year? I am looking outside my window and today is another dark and cloudy day...ummm not good for my artistic inspiration :) talking of which, I have here another portrait to post. This one is of Audrey Hepburn, she was definitely a stunning woman and a worthy subject to portray. I enjoyed making her portrait.

I am currently trying to build a portfolio of portraits...since leaving art school, I have dedicated most of my time in the last few years to the more historical/theoretical side of art, as well as doing completely uncreative jobs, resulting in my art to suffer. Because of this, most of my drawings are actually quite old, so I need to add more recent samples to my online gallery!

In a way, now, I feel like a student all over again...but that is good isn't it? In life we are always students, always learning new things...I feel I am trying to re-discover myself artistically...this is weird because 10 years ago I really knew who I was as an artist, now I have to start feeding my artist identity all over. Where am I going? Have no idea! But all I know is that art is what makes me being me; when I draw, when I paint, when I study art history, and even when I teach art. Teaching art has also been a great experience for me. I have some really great students! Ah, and I am even giving online art classes, this - even though I say so myself - I think is quite impressive! To think that today, thanks to technology, is possible to reach, and yes, even give art classes to people who live on the other side of the world, is pretty amazing! But hey, I am all for technology and opportunities in this way! By the way, I am creating a "students Gallery" on my website featuring my students' work if anybody would like to take a look, it is not complete yet, there are more artwork to come so keep chacking it! http://www.jartstudiogallery.com/StudentGallery.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment