Monday, July 19, 2010

What a ride!

This was a lovely weekend; I could not have asked for more. I guess you probably too have times when you wondering what life is all about, this rollercoaster ride which so often takes one up as well as down, sometimes gently, and sometimes so fast that one is left without breath…

Yesterday evening was for me one of those moments when I did realise what this journey is all about. Sitting on our porch it was just so lovely to feel the warm summer breeze gently stroking my face and body, smell the fresh and sweet summer air while being wrapped around by the crisp and vivid colours of nature. I felt at peace, at peace with myself and with the world. There could not have been a more perfect moment, and it is at times like these that I am grateful and blown away by life, by it misteries and its utter beauty. I just had to take it all in, and it was great to be able to share all this with my husband who is just the best gift and blessing to me, he is just so unique and special. I can truly say, I could not have wished for better, I was HAPPY.

And then before going to bed last night I was left again wondering and thinking about life as I just finished reading a post by Tessa who’s blog (http://aerialarmadillo.blogspot.com) I recently started following. She is such an inspiration and a talented lady and, although I only briefly came to know her, and just via her blog, I was left very saddened by her post "Stormy weather", which made me realise even more that moments such as yesterday are truly unique and that life and people are gifts that should really not be taken for granted. I wish you well Tessa and do believe in miracles, don’t give up, keep fighting; You have added so much to this world, and borrowing from your own words: life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and yelling joyously.... "WOOO HOOO what a ride!"









No comments:

Post a Comment